
Suckdog is a moniker used by Lisa Carver, performance artist and frequent Costes collaborator.
Kill Ralph Records 7" (1990)


With etching on B side.
Psychoacoustic Sound is a division of t.e.c. tones / ralph.
"Attention: psycho acoustic sounds is not responsible for the killing or mutilation of anyone named ralph due to masked forward and/or backward sounds".
Kiss Your Lips 7"(1992)


A Kiss Your Lips
Lyrics By - Lisa Carver
Music By - Smog
B The Night I Killed Mr. Kiss Express
Lyrics By - Lisa Carver
Music By - Brett Kerby
Smog & Suckdog


My Shell - Astronaut / I'm Going To Be Married 7" (1991)
Side One - Suckdog
A1 I'm Going To Be Married
A2 Penny-Face
A3 All The Things I Could Think Up To Do
Side Two - Smog
B1 My Shell
B2 Astronaut
Little Flowers Dying (1990)

1 The Song Of The Brain
2 The Seaweed
3 Sunless Underworld
4 Sun
5 Little Flowers Dying I
6 Someone Faraway
7 My Arms In The Night
8 Someone Else
9 The Alien
10 12/89 (Where You Went)
11 Instrumental
12 Something In Me Ugly
13 Bad Dream
14 Little Flowers Dying II
15 8/89 (He Left Us Together)
16 A Call To The Sun
17 Go Insane
18 I Want To Die
19 Little Flowers Dying III
Drugs Are Nice (1993)


This is the classic, the one Spin called one of the top 60 albums of the '80s. What used to make your mother mad can now infuriate your spouse. Play loud, and harken back to the days when you were very, very drunk, doing very stupid things, and all the girls took their shirts off.
1 Your Dragon
2 Beasts Of The Night Gather Together
3 Alligators Lurking
4 The Number Of The Priest
5 Oh Might Pigeon
6 Ugh Ugh Ugh
7 Jokes About Women
8 Will I Ever Do Anything With My Clothes On?
9 The Song Of The Flying Cats Of The Stars
10 Being In Love
11 Snakes Dancing
12 Suckdog (Version)
13 Murding Monsters
14 Holy Hell
15 Brontes In The Attic
cd re-issue of the 1989 album


Onward Suckdog Soldiers

Slut Slut Slut, Go Go Go
Penny-Face
Fish and Men
Anatomically Correct
Dog
I'm Going To Be Married
Divorce Song
Slippery Eel
Go Hogs
I Don't Like Nature Stupid Flowers
I Like Bulls...I Am A Bull
Hello Joseph
Mrs. Johnson
Loyal Dogs
Matt
Chris's Dad's Leather Glove
Satan Comes
Ow Ow Ow
Cheetah
Dover Cops Suck
Suckdog
The Arabs And The Ladies
Metastasize
Le Chat Sur Le Lit
Bill
He's The Anti-Crisis
Geo Metro
On The Road To Prosperity
Joan Of Arc
I Knelt 2day Where Jesus Knelt
If I Die, I Won't Cry
Those Cowboys!
Three Little Fishies
Woodle-woo
Woop-a-doo
White Power (Hey Greek)
Booby-booby
Dead Cat Ghost Wears A Dress
When I Went To Chicago
The Purpose Of A Man
Brothers' Race
C'mon Baybee
All The Things
Lisa Suckdog and cohorts (Rachel Johnson, Jean-Louis Costes, Coz the Shroom, and Dame Darcy) present lo-fi rants and "musical" excursions that mostly date between 1988 and 1992. "Dog" sounds like a field recording of the "band" being chased by a mean canine (is that crying or laughing?), "Three Little Fishies" is twelve seconds of answering machine musicality, "Satan Coming" is slumber-party boombox metal... you get the idea. Forty-three tracks, most of them sounding like they were recorded either out of boredom or brilliant flashes of inspiration." (courtesy of Ink 19 magazine)
Lisa Diaries
"Lisa has coughed up a visual aid to the paperback version of Drugs Are Nice in the form of a DVD, and whether she's passed out on the sidewalk, pissing in a bucket on stage and wallowing in filth, you never saw a cuter, more fucked-up doll screaming for help. Although her 'singing' voice will raise a few eyebrows, coming in as it does somewhere between Yoko Ono and something REALLY unpleasant, this bit of nasty nostalgia with an oddly girlie joie de vivre definitely captures a time and a spirit and should immediately be interred in the Museum of Modern Art archives, as well as shoved up the decaying asses of any still-living crumbly Republicans who didn't pony up an NEA grant to help her back when they had a chance."
Screw
DVD Available here http://suckdog.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=4&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1


4 comments:
Excellent stuff, Drugs Are Nice is impossible to find nowadays, I've been looking for a copy for YEARS...
She is also the mother of Boyd Rice's child.
Thats a real accomplishment!
OK, this might be a stupid question BUT... is "Kill Ralph Records" supposed to sound like that? (P.S. rpm-wise I mean!)
THIS ONE DOES THE MEMORIES THING!!
CHEERS
AWESOME SPACE!!! PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT
SANITY MUFFINS
Post a Comment